Career Opportunities with Worth Hearing Center
There are many wonderful sounds – the sound of birds chirping, a child’s laughter, the voice of a spouse. We believe today’s advanced technology in hearing instruments can improve the quality of life for those with hearing loss.
Our team is a collaborative and energetic group of professionals who deeply care about our patients and their outcomes. Our goal at Worth Hearing Center is to give our patients the hearing tools and care they need to fully engage in life. We pride ourselves in giving expert, compassionate, and patient-focused comprehensive audiology care to children and adults by specializing in a variety of audiological fields, including pediatrics, tinnitus, and dizziness. You’ll find our practice is medically focused and dedicated to personal service.
We are always looking for staff who have a service philosophy, an interest in ongoing training for continuous improvement, and a desire for success and partnership.
Join our Albuquerque Practice
Why Albuquerque? As New Mexico’s largest city, you’ll find numerous recreation opportunities for the outdoor enthusiast including hiking, skiing, biking, and many cultural and historical sights. According to VisitAlbuquerque.com, Albuquerque averages 310 days of sunshine with a mild dry climate and four seasons. We enjoy sunny summers and mild winters, outstanding food, the annual International Balloon Fiesta, and hundreds of activities. https://www.visitalbuquerque.org/.
Worth Hearing Center
Current Positions We’re Seeking to Fill:
We are currently looking for an energetic Audiologist to join our team!
Worth Hearing Centers is an independent audiology clinic that is proud to serve Albuquerque’s hearing care needs. We are offering the right professional the exciting opportunity to join our dynamic team. In private practice, you are able to maintain your autonomy as well as diagnose and treat your patients in the manner you see fit. We are not looking for just an employee, rather we are looking to create a working partnership where your earnings and professional development are only limited by your own efforts.
This position is an integral part of the team comprised of professionals dedicated to providing superior patient care.
The Audiologist administers diagnostic audiometric tests, counsels and educates patients on hearing loss and treatment options, dispenses hearing aids, performs outcome measures for fitting verification and maintains patient contact.
Responsibilities will include:
- Establish rapport and gather information from patients, conduct audiometric testing, and provide recommendations for hearing aids
- Counsel and motivate patients to seek treatment
- Program hearing aids on computer
- Fit hearing aids and assist with any adjustments , questions or problems
- Maintains documentation and patient files
- D. preferred, will consider Master’s Degree in Audiology
- Licensed in New Mexico, or the ability to obtain New Mexico license prior to hire date
- Excellent interpersonal skills, to include listening, sales and problem solving
- Strong organizational skills
- The ability to prioritize and handle a high volume of patients
- The ability to work in a team environment
- The ability to maintain a positive and professional attitude
- Strong compassion, care, and respect for patients
Compensation and Benefits:
- $65,000-$100,000+ take home pay (base salary + incentive plan)
- Health Insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Excellent professional development opportunities
- Collaborative provider team and great company culture
If you’re interested in this opportunity and would like to join our team, please apply!
Patient Care Coordinator
Worth Hearing Center, with offices in Albuquerque and Rio Rancho, is currently seeking a Receptionist/Patient Care Coordinator. This is a full-time, direct hire position that offers a competitive hourly wage, benefits, a professional atmosphere, and opportunities for growth.
The successful candidate will be a kind, friendly, enthusiastic, and compassionate individual, eager to join our patient-centered and community-oriented practice, providing excellent support and contributing to the success of the team!
We are looking for someone who is seeking a long-term stable career, not just a job, someone who “sees the vision” and is able to establish rapport with callers and welcome them into the practice for evaluation and treatment.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Warmly greeting patients and other visitors.
- Answering phones in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Call conversions and turning calls into scheduled appointments.
- Entering and updating all patient information including intake and insurance forms.
- Handling invoices, receiving funds and processing payments.
- Maintaining excellent working relationships with patients, vendors, colleagues, etc.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, including intermediate level of computer literacy. Eye for accuracy and details.
- A welcoming customer service orientation. Warm, friendly, gets along well with others, works as part of a team.
- Professional level listening and problem-solving skills.
- Strong ability to prioritize, multi-task and stay organized.
- Commitment to continuous improvement. Willingness to grow and learn new skills.
- Must have consistent, punctual, and reliable attendance.
- Minimum high school diploma.
- Spanish speaking preferred, but not required.
To apply, please complete the contact form on this page.
4th YEAR AUDIOLOGY EXTERN
The Audiology Extern will observe and participate in the administering of diagnostic audiological tests that allow the differentiation between types of hearing disorders. The Audiology Extern will provide hearing aid testing, selection and fitting to all populations (per program guidelines). The Audiology Extern will aid Audiologists as they counsel patients regarding test results and review options that best meet their hearing care needs. Performs hearing aid testing, selection, and fitting to all populations. Reviews pricing and sale of hearing aids as a part of the patient education process.
Administers Diagnostic Tests
- Provides amplification services including, hearing aid assessment testing, real ear measurements and live speech mapping
- Coordinates and interprets test results
- Consults with and makes recommendation on hearing disorders to physicians
- Based on test results, diagnosis audio vestibular disorders
- Coordinates care with physicians and other providers
- Completes chart notes for each patient seen and sends written report to referring physician and primary care physician
Manages Hearing Rehabilitation
- Counsels patients regarding test results
- Makes recommendation regarding hearing care options
- Reviews products available to improve hearing impairment
- Sells appropriate hearing care products and warranties as deemed necessary to meet the needs of the patient
- Provides hearing aid dispensing, including selection, fitting, ear-mold acoustics, ongoing management with follow-up, and education
- Demonstrates and sells Assistive Listening Devices (ALD’s), batteries, and other special products
- Performs hearing aid repairs
- Performs hearing aid checks and cleaning
- Aware of marketing activities
- Responsible for revenue and margin outcomes
- Maintains positive relationships with various vendors
- Assists patients with exchanges or returns as needed
- Involved in clinical quality outcomes, including efficiency and productivity
- Provides excellent customer service and maintains good public relations
- Oversees management of all office procedures
- Shares administrative duties with colleagues as needed
- Must be able to travel outside the state for professional development opportunities as required by the practice
- Current Au.D. student at an accredited college or university
- Must be able to organize time and prioritize numerous duties within strict deadlines
- Requires the ability to deal with numerous interruptions
- Must engage with patients in a caring and respectful manner
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Frequently requires sitting, using hands, bending, reaching and twisting
- Occasional lifting of up to 20 pounds with or without assistance
- Standing and walking throughout the day
- The work environment is generally quiet, with moderate noise from phones and other business office machines
To apply, please complete the contact form on this page.